I am so excited about these muffins. I knew it was a great recipe when I took them out of the oven and attempted to peel the paper off before they were cooled…..and yay! the paper did not stick annoyingly to the muffin! The inside is cakey, not too dense. Perfect gluten free muffins.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to1 Baking Flour* (9 3/4 ounces / 275 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender buds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (4 ounces/ 113 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (6 ounces/ 170 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated zest of a lemon
- freshed squeezed 1/2 lemon + enough unsweetened coconut milk to make 1’2 cup (4 ounces / 150 grams)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15 muffins cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour blend with the baking powder, salt and lavender buds in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. Beat on medium-low speed until thick. With the beater still running, add the eggs. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Mix until thick. Stop the mixer and add the lemon juice/coconut milk, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix until a thick batter forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.(If you are using frozen or cold blueberries, the batter will get VERY thick. This is totally normal.)
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Fill each cavity about 2/3 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. (The sugar topping is optional.)
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.